Kitchen sinks are present in every household, business, and offices. They are among the most used appliances. Due to everyday use, it gets dirty. People usually forget to clean it. It should not be left unclean for too long. Many germs and bacteria get manifested in the sink. It is very harmful to the people especially children's and elder. Life-threatening illnesses may occur because of unclean sinks. Non-harmful products are to be used effectively to clean the kitchen sink. The non-harmful or natural cleaning products are- lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, and old-fashioned elbow grease. The items are excellent to make the sink germ free and shiny. All the dirt's will come out from the stainless steel or the more stubborn porcelain. They would not get a chance to stay in it. So a fresh and clean sink will be waiting for you if you follow through the article information.
Smart way of cleaning the stainless steel sink!
- Scrub the sink. All items need to clean that remain around the sink. Drain stopper and sponge holder are to move for more thorough and adequately clean. You have to remove the dirty dishes. Leftover food and dirty dishes also cleaned from the sink.
- The entire surface area is to wash efficiently. You have to use a gentle soap, warm water, and soft cloth to clean the faucets, drain region and outer rim.
- Hot tap water runs into the drain. The drain will be free from bad odor and any clogging because of hot water. Again if there is no hot water facility in the kitchen then, in that case, you boil a pot of water & pour into the drain.
- Baking soda and lemon juice blended for cleaning the surface
- One teaspoon of baking soda and one-fourth cup of lemon juice are mixed and poured over the surface of the sink
- The mixture is to keep for ten minutes on the sink
- Use hot water to wash it
- Do the procedure once in a week for the perfect result
- Baking is soda is a highly active cleansing agent. It is used in everywhere to remove dirt, spots, and grease
- Scrub using toothbrush
- More substantial blend of baking soda and lemon juice created for the drain
- You have to mix ½ cup of baking soda with a ¼ cup of lemon juice.
- Pour the mix into the drain
- ½ cup of white vinegar will be followed by it
- You are required to cover the drain and wait for five to ten minutes
- Hot water is boiled and poured into the drain
- The gunk will get break up. The drain will become sanitized
- Warm water rinses everything
- Flour is used to polish the sink
- In the first process, the pan needs to be dried up by a towel
- Dry efficiently. Do not keep any wetness otherwise it will be a paste when mixed with the flour
- Flour sprinkled around the sink
- Slowly buff around the stainless steel in a circular motion using a clean towel
- Throw away the excess flour
Tips for step 6
- Taking ¼ cup of the flower is good. The measurement is not that essential for the people
- The process repeated when it is required considering the situation
Steps to clean porcelain sink!
- The surface is washed down with gentle soap and warm water. It will sanitize the sink
- Vinegar is better to use than bleach
- It helps to remove the bacteria and dirt
- Hydrogen peroxide is sprayed in the sink and covered by it
- You have to wait for fifteen minutes to a few hours
- Hydrogen peroxide has bleaching properties. It has no smell
- It is rinsed using warm water
- You can also scrub the hydrogen peroxide and rinse
- Baking soda poured over the surface
- The sponge dampened and applied a bit of elbow grease
- Baking soda loosens the dirt
- It washed after some time
- Use a toothbrush for scrubbing
- Lemon juice and salt used over the remaining stains
- A person pours a small amount of salt on the remaining stains
- The salt pile covered with the lemon juice
- Let them sit for 5 minutes
- Scrub using cloth or sponge
- Don't scrub too hard because it may scratch the porcelain
- The porcelain is delicate
- Lemon oil is required to polish the porcelain
- Wipe around the sink by placing lemon juice onto a dry cloth
- The smell is pleasant and refreshing
A quick method of keeping the sink clean!
- The dishes are to clean regularly. You cannot let the dishes sit around the sink because it will spread harmful bacteria quickly. So try to clean immediately or soak to ease the process.
- After washing dishes, you have to pour hot water down the drain
- Gunk gets away immediately before it gets solidify and hard
- Use tap hot water or boiling water
- Odors cannot be formed by it
- The user creates a disinfectant spray
- One cup of water mixed with white vinegar or apple cider vinegar along with half of the lemon juice. It will cut the harmful bacteria and grease
- Lemon based oil can be used instead of lemon
- Spray it on the sink after the dish gets washed
Smart tips for the people for cleaning the kitchen sink
- SOS pad restores shine to the sink
- Baking soda and lemon mixture is used to scrub in small circles with the SOS pad
- Soft sponge is also used to scrub the tub using baking soda and lemon mixture gently
- The whole lemon is also used around the surface and drain down it
- You have to test the cleaning product in a small area to find out it is not creating any damage.
Warnings and caution
- Baking soda and vinegar not be mixed before pouring them down the drain. Their reaction should happen in the sink so that it works to clean it.
- Do not pour fatty cooking liquids because it will create clog and severe damage to the pipes.
- Lemon juice should not keep longer than 10 minutes. It will damage the appliance. Wash it effectively
Basic things required for cleaning
- Gentle soap
- Old toothbrush
- Soft cloth
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Whole lemon or lemon juice
- White vinegar
- Abrasive cleaning pad
A common question with an answer
Question: My drain smells. What can I do so that it stops the bad smell?
Answer: You peel oranges, lemon and put the juice into the drain. They should be set for thirty minutes and rinse using water. As a result, the fresh smell will come out of the kitchen.