There are different types of milk in the market and available around us. at the meantime, we have to know the answer of the question "How to steam milk for latte art?" in that case; we have to choose organic and fresh milk to create steam. Properly steaming the milk is essential. In raw milk, the proportion of fat is higher. More fat is equal to less heat. You have to heat less with the organic milk for its high amount of fat consistency. Creamy milk is mostly thick. Fresh creamy dairy is required to heat in appropriate temperature. The baseline of the thick milk is about 60 degree Celsius.
Low-fat milk requires more heat. You have to increase the temperature up to 80 degree Celsius. It is to note that the milk should never be heated more than 80 degree Celsius.
The creamy microfoam will develop in the coffee. It is the main reason you have chosen this latte coffee. The taste of the creamy, glossy foam is outstanding. You will enjoy from the start till the end.
Smart ways to steam the milk
- The milk frother is needed to make the steam.
- You have to adjust the milk frother on the wand.
- The wand is required to submerge under the milk.
- Milk jug positioned about a third of the way off the side.
- Keep the milk jug little bit off the center.
- Turn the wand ON
- After the wand is ON, milk starts to rotate
- Rotates like a vortex motion
- The motion draws out the air from the milk
- Feel the temperature using your hand.
- Just look and listen to figure out the functions
- The jug will become very hot
- Make sure the steam wand is off
- Clean the wand
- Steam needs to blow immediately
- In this way, you will get the glossy, creamy milk without any bubbles
- Turn on the wand to hear the air. If you do not understand the air, then low the pitcher until there is a sound of air drawn out from the frother.
- Again you have to move the jug quickly at the time of hearing the blast of the air.
- Excess air is to be drawn out.
- Keep everything in position.
Amount of milk for use
Measure the milk using a cup. You have to take a cup and pour the amount of milk into it. You must be careful while steaming the milk. If the portion of milk is high then, in that case, you may need to steam for the second time. The creamy and glossy look of the microfoam will not develop when the same milk heated for the second time for its too much proportion. The main reason is some chemical reactions that start to occur at the time of cooking the milk once again. You have to identify the right cup and size. The Baristas helps to get the container for the coffee shop. He uses the cup and measures the milk according to the need and demand. He puts the effort and steams the milk creating a fantastic layer over the milk. For one cup it is measured as 350 ml milk jug.
Doing latte art using the milk frother
Professional milk frother machine is essential for latte art. It is not that hard to get a quality milk frother. You also have to look at the outer and inner design of the machine. You can choose the high-quality device whose cost is not too high like NespressoAeroccinoPlus Milk Frother, or Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother.
You have to complete the espresso and milk steaming task correctly. When you have finished the works, then it is time to design an exclusive latte art.
Lets us go-through the most basic steps for using the milk sequentially to have a nice latte art by developing a layer.
- Tilt the cup slightly it will give you more opportunity to make a latte pattern very efficiently.
- If you begin by keeping the cup in tilt manner, then the minimal movement of the pitcher's hand is required to create an extraordinary latte design or pattern.
- Steamed milk is to pour with care into the center of the cup.
- You have to hold the pitcher about an inch according to the placement of the cup.
- Milk must go into the center of the cream to develop a combined mixture.
- Do the task slowly and steadily. It will help you to keep the cups and pitcher in the right balance.
- The pitcher should move closer to the cup.
- You do the pouring a little bit faster
Note: Pitcher needs to be taken gently closer to the cup. You use the thumb to make the speed up the pour; otherwise, it will take longer. People use the thumb as a technique for pouring quickly.
- Now in the third stage, you need to ensure the right method of wiggle. It will help to mix all the ingredients.
- Gently toggle the pitcher by your hand.
- Toggle fluidly in back and forth.
- The zigzag pattern starts to begin by creating it a nice looking drink.
- The cup is to be until.
- Slow down the process.
- Carefully raise the pitcher a half an inch.
- In this way, rosetta s finished.
Note: The pitcher backed at the edge of the cup at the time of untilting. You have to keep the cup closer during tilting. In the last phase, you slightly slow down the pour. Pitcher gets aside about a half an inch above the flat cup. A small stream of milk drizzled. You drizzle the milk back across the center of the cup.