Coffee type drinks are getting yummier day by day. People are introducing different flavors and techniques to make it more delicious. The warm and frothy foam that placed on the top section of the coffee tastes very nice. The milk frother is the machine which helps you to achieve barista-level foam. But you have to know How To Use A Milk Frother? Suppose, if you are preparing a macchiato or mocha then in that situation a milk frother will be a better decision to use. It will create barista-level foam. You will quickly enjoy the drink to get a warm up on a cold day. At your home, you will have the power to create various type of fancy coffee beverages when you want. A person easily chooses, prepares, froths and serves the milk by adding different texture or flavors into it.
First step- People have to choose the milk following some tips and start to prepare-
- In the store different milk is sold with an expiration date. A buyer needs to do a proper check of milk by looking at the expiration date. You choose the fresh milk. Glycerol found in older milk. It is a natural compound. Glycerol compound cannot hold bubbles of the frothed milk. So you have to take the freshest milk farther from its expiration date.
- For the person who is new in frothing skim milk is suitable for them. When the person becomes experienced to froth milk than in that case swap in skim for high-fat milk. People become used to frothing slowly. Skim milk holds the foam better to room temperature for its chemical structure. You should use milk according to your preference. Spoon skim of milk foam on top of the milk after choosing it.
- In the manual frother, you pour the milk to its carafe. Carafe gets filled into its place or to some other container. The container is extra when the frother is electric rather than manual. Milk gets filled up by 1/3 of its volume. The volume helps to grow the milk during frothing. It leaves plenty of space to make a significant amount of froth.
- Milk chilled by putting the carafe in the refrigerator. The consumer has to place its carafe in the fridge for a specified time to keep the milk cold. UHT milk is unrefrigerated by some people. So UHT milk needs to be refrigerated to make its milk remain chilled. The temperature is tested by dipping spoon into the milk. You should take a spoon and put it in the milk for 30 minutes. Test its temperature using your wrist. Milk has to be removed from the fridge after it is cold. You can touch it to know how cold it is.
- Steamed milk can be froth. The froth is less in steamed milk. If you want the foam to be hot then, in that case, you have to heat the foam.
- It is to remember that there is no exact temperature milk has to be chilled. People choose the temperature when they find it is right for them.
Second step- Systematic way to froth the milk manually
- You have to replace the lid of the frother. The top part needs to fit in the carafe. You must check the carafe to make sure the top tightly met into the place. There shouldn't close any gap between the lid and the carafe. If the user places the top improperly, it will cause a big issue at the time of frothing the milk.
- There is handling in the milk frother. So the user has to plunge the handle up and down for thirty seconds. The carafe holds firmly by hand. Then pump the plunger into the milk by dominant hand. You have to show strength while pumping the milk until the foam starts to occur. The foam will build up in the milk when more strength is used to pump it.
- The user lifts the top part of the carafe. They must check the milk if it is going in the right way whether it has slight foam or too much foam. People tastes are different about the foam of the milk. Some people like to have small foam while others want to have lots of foam. The user checks the consistency of the milk. If it is not desired consistency then in that case plunge more, it is enough to plunge for thirty seconds.
- It is to note that the milk should not plunge for a long time. The maximum limit is for 1 minute. Over plunge of the milk will decrease the froth level, or it may eliminate the foam from the milk entirely. Don't over frothing the milk; it can break the air bubbles.
- Whisk is tapped to remove the lid of the carafe. The whisk found at the bottom of the plunger. Excess foam shaken into the container.
- Excess large air bubbles removed by tapping the bottom part of the carafe. The user swirls in a circular motion. The foam gets settled automatically. Heat and serve the milk for consumptions.
Third step- Electric Frother
- The user has to hold the frothing wand vertically. The head is inserted in the milk and submerge it. Then the wand is turned on.
- The user should turn the wand in high mode if it has multiple speed settings.
- For thirty seconds the wand is swirled. Swirl in the circular motion. The head of the wand kept near the bottom of the carafe. At the time of whipping the foam, its wand head is to hold near the bottom part of the carafe. Bubbles will occur during the whipping process.
- Motion is required to change it up and down manner for another 30 seconds. The user keeps the head of the wand beneath the surface of the milk. Otherwise, it will create a mess. In between 30 seconds, the milk will form the foam, and it becomes foamier then ever. The wand put to off when there is enough foam.
- Excess foam removed by tapping the wand. The wand found on the side of the container. The electric wand makes the foam perfect. It is not recommended to swirl or tap the carafe. As a result, the milk is ready.
Fourth step- Right method of heating and serving the foam
- Frothed milk heated in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds. Metal carafe should not put inside the microwave. The user needs to pour the milk in a microwave-safe container if their carafe made of metal or steel. Microwave safe carafe is suitable to heat directly in the microwave. In every one minute, the milk needs checking. The desired temperature also set.
- Milk gets scald when it is overheated. It also affects the flavor. The user avoids heating the milk in a very high temperature or boiling point.
- A tea towel or oven mitt wear by people to remove the hot container from the microwave. To prevent accidental burns, the user handles the milk in safety.
- Spoon used to lift the foam. The foam is put on over the favorite delicious coffee drink because people sometimes like hot milk in their coffee. So hot milk is poured over the frothed milk slowly in the cup and gets mix with the coffee. Foam does not collapse during the warm milk is poured.
- Frothed milk loses air after some time. But if it is treated gently then losing air can easily be prevented.
People may check our newly advanced milk frother – Norpro Glass Froth Master.
The conclusion of using the milk frother by a person
Some people say the milk and coffee is one of the best combinations even better than chocolate and peanut butter. The flavors get mixed well with each other. All types of people use the milk frother to taste out the better version of milk and coffee by creating different textures.
Milk is an integral part of coffee. Baristas make various coffees using the milk in their place. In-home anyone can modify the coffee and milk with the help of a quality milk frother. Distinctive and different names of coffee are named utilizing milk flavors in many forms. The foam making process is getting more comfortable and innovative day by day. Several machines, tips, techniques, and technologies are followed to create fantastic foam. It became an art and science.
The skill of making perfect foam using milk frother will take time for the person who is new into it — practicing more and more the ability developed. By gathering experience to make the foam a person will be master in the field. It takes a little bit of time. For the coffee, aficionado foam is essential in their drink. They developed their skill by investing time to make it in the right form, flavor, and texture. Therefore, anyone learns the craft and give a special drink of delight to the family, relatives, neighbors, and friends.