A big question for food lovers, "How to Use Dough Hooks on a Hand Mixer?" There is no need to knead the dough using a hand. Hand mixer comes with high-quality dough hooks. They are used to make homemade bread in a very effective way. The dough hooks also use for kneading various items. It consists of a single hook. The hook turns everywhere. With the help of it, you can fold the dough in the mixing bowl. Hand mixer accessory can knead heavy dough's within few minutes. Its powerful motor works efficiently. Thus the user hand will not be exhausted using the hand mixer. The automatic function of the dough hooks on a hand mixer allows user-friendly use.
The steps are to follow for systematically using the dough hooks
- In the first step, the user takes wet bread ingredients, flour, and mixing bowl. The mixing bowl sometimes gives with the package of the model.
- The user combines wet bread ingredients using half of the flour in the bowl.
- You have to unlock the hand mixer and lift the motor — the attachment insert on its slot on the underside. The paddle attachment is to put into the attachment slot. The motor is tilted at last lock the tool.
- A hand mixer speed set to low settings & it automatically adjusts during operation so that the ingredients stir together. In this way, the mix gets adequately stirred.
- The user switches the paddle attachment to the dough hook. During that time the motor tilt is unlocked, lifted and pulled out. So the paddle attachment gets replaced with the dough hook.
- The motor assembly is tilt back to a dough hook. At that time it sits in the bowl. Therefore, the mixer locked into place.
- Low speed is to use at the time of using the remaining ½ portion of the flour.
- The mixture gets smooth and forms in a ball shape.
- The dough gets mixed for five minutes on low speed.
- In the final step, the user has to unlock the hand mixer and lift the top. The dough will get out from the mixing bowl. Thus it is ready for preparation.
In today's world, the bakers follow the techniques of kneading. They prepare the dough for bread baking without touching it. The methods of cooking developed from time to time. Early bakers followed different techniques. They have to use a hand in most cases. But soon the bakers followed the process of kneading. It became popular for a very long time in kneading the bread rise and expands by its own accord.
What is way of kneading?
Kneading incorporates air, distributes the ingredients, and develops the gluten compound inside the baked bread. Gluten gives a yeasted layer, which also makes the bread chewy. Gluten proteins promote at the time of mixing the ingredient. They are weak and disorganized. With the help of the kneading process, the mechanical action aligns the protein and makes cross-linked gluten network. The gluten network becomes strong. It is the main reason the bread expands at the time of baking.
Why use a hand mixer for kneading?
People knead bread dough’s mostly by hand or using a hand mixer. Hand kneading can be done quickly by an expert, chef, or cook. But it is recommended to buy a hand mixer. It will make the task more smooth, effortless, systematic, and less time-consuming. Dough hook attachment inserted for doing the task of kneading. The hook works well with mixer. They give a good result. The texture, flavor, and the look of the bread become perfect, which is not possible if you use a hand. You can add extra flour if required at the time of mixing when you are using a hand mixer.
Kneading dough by hand is sometimes hard. It takes more time and becomes messy. In most cases, people have to compromise with the texture of the baked loaf. It takes for about thirty minutes for mixing the dough by hand. In that case, your forearm or hand might experience pain. But hand mixer only takes about five to ten minutes for mixing the bread dough. The dough hooks help to make the dough more perfect.
If you do not have a hand mixer, then we recommend you to buy a good quality hand mixer. You can make a good loaf of bread and other baking items from it.
Process of kneading by a hand mixer
- The user has to low the speed. Dough stick to the sides of the bowl.
- For about three minutes, the dough will still be firm.
- After three minutes, it will start to pull away from the sides.
- It will look uniform in shape
- When five to ten minutes finished, it gets pulled away from the sides of the mixing bowl or cooking pot.
- The dough will have a compact form.
- In the finishing stage, the dough is kneaded by hand for one minute.
- Thus a smooth and round ball gets formed.
How to know if the dough properly kneaded or not?
You can know the dough has adequately kneaded when-
- The money clears the sides of the bowl
- It feels like elastic
Kneading helps to mix the ingredients systematically, increases the elasticity, allows the yeast to develop, forms the gluten, and the binder ensures the bread does not fall apart at the time of baking. If you use a hand, then the process of kneading is stringent. It can be a complicated process. Your wrist can even sore. You can also become exhausted.
The solution to the issue is to get a hand mixer that comes with bread-dough hook attachments. It will efficiently do your kneading. The tool ensures the perfect bake and kneads of the dough. Thus you will enjoy delicious and chewy bread.