Hand mixer or stand mixer which one is better. The answer to this question is not that easy. Both mixers are essential kitchen appliances. Yes, they have some common purpose. Experts, professional chefs, and cooks cannot give you a recommendation about which device is suitable for your kitchen use. They can provide some necessary information's about those products. User can choose by following the data. Each mixer has some advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we will give highlights of the products. So the information about hand mixer and stand mixer are described below-
For using the hand mixer, the user has to use their hands for mixing the ingredients in a place. The kitchen appliance is very compact. They are also lightweight and portable. The two types of hand mixers are- electric hand mixer and manual hand mixer. Let us discuss the types-
Electric hand mixer
- The user can make their desired mix of ingredients in this electric hand mixer as it runs in an automated system.
- It includes high performing motor and different speed settings. The speed allows mixing the various items, whether hard or soft and light or dense.
- The electric hand mixer made with high-quality motor and comfortable handle.
- The motor of the hand mixer performs the beating of the ingredients. The automated system of the hand mixer gives more consistency in the mixture because the user does not need to operate the crank for running it. On the other hand, the manual hand mixer consistency of the mix is dependent upon the manual force of the user by using their hand power.
- It consumes less energy, resulting it reduce your electricity bills
Manual hand mixer
- Eggbeater or manual hand mixer works by the manual force of the user.
- The user has to give force manually by their hands to mix the ingredients nicely.
- It does not include any motor.
- It is also called standard hand mixer or an egg beater.
- Rotary crank is a part that connects to the beaters.
- How is the crank working? The user holds the top handle of the beater. It keeps the blender steady in its position. Again the user uses their other hand for operating the crank. In this way, the mixer works and beats the egg together.
Why buy a manual hand mixer for your home?
A manual hand mixer is not bad at all in certain circumstances. If you have less space in the kitchen, then you can buy it. Again if you do not require to do baking activities regularly, you can also buy it later. This category of the mixer is ideal for performing light jobs. The light job means that those ingredients and recipes do not require a lot of mixing, whipping, beating, and whisking.
Benefits of using a hand mixer
- Hand mixers are easy to operate.
- Few devices have been made with a powerful motor to handle tough mixing tasks.
- Electric hand mixers have different speed settings which offer the user to mix, whisk, and beat various ingredients.
- A single button is used to set the speed. It is not complicated.
- It is a compact device. The size is small. People can use it in their kitchen countertop and store it in their cabinet.
- Hand mixers are commonly used to whisk eggs, creams, and dense type liquids.
- The device can be carried anywhere for its lightweight.
- The unit can use with any mixing bowl or cooking pot.
- It does not need a lot of maintenance.
- Attachments are cheap. You can replace it if they become damaged.
- User cleans the device properly by removing the attachments. The attachments can be removed easily by pressing the eject button.
Drawbacks of using a hand mixer
- Less powerful than a best stand mixer.
- It cannot mix a lot of mixtures. High power motor is needed to mix different types and textures of combinations.
- The user has to be careful at the time of mixing the items. They have to ensure that the mixing bowl and hand mixer is held correctly in the right position while the process of mixing is going on.
- Impossible to mix thick batters.
- It is not suitable to prepare large batches of mixtures.
- Electric hand mixer offers less versatility to severe cooks, professional chefs, experts, and bakers because there are only 3-5 speed settings.
- The mixing bowl did not include with the package.
- Hand mixer does not come with a protective splash guard.
The stand mixer has a heavy duty powerful motor with a metallic body which helps to perform the tasks of mixing, whipping, whisking, and beatings in a professional way. You can prepare thicker mixtures to make doughs and many other kitchen tasks. They can run automatically in one place. The user can start the stand mixer, set the speed, put the ingredients, and forget. The automatic system will do the task of mixing by its own. In that time, the user can do other kitchen tasks. A stand mixer is more advanced than a hand mixer. They are versatile in use. The weight of the stand mixer is heavy. So the user must have a particular space in their bakery, restaurants, or kitchen counter for the mixer.
Features of a stand mixer
- The mixer featured with mixing bowl, mounting base, and an arm.
- The mounting bowl keeps the mixing bowl fixed in place.
- Stand mixer arm is used to attach the accessories for making different types of mixes.
- Planetary mixing action helps to mix the ingredients in the bowl. It rotates in a counter direction.
- It includes a flat beater, whisk, and dough hooks. There are also add-ons like a food processor and pasta maker.
- Splash guard also found in few brands and models.
Benefits of using a stand mixer
- The powerful motor does all the kitchen tasks smoothly
- Large mixing bowl allows mixing a lot of ingredients.
- Large capacity.
- Different attachments and accessories.
- A stand mixer can do versatile mixing tasks.
- The bowl fix in its place and the stand mixer performs its tasks.
- The user focuses on other kitchen tasks while the stand mixer is working. You can do multi-task.
- Advanced features include times, automatic turn-offs, preset functions, and many others.
- There is no need for manual effort. The users just put the ingredients and relax. It will do the job.
- 12 different speed settings.
- Splash guard protects from spilling.
Drawbacks of using a stand mixer
- Huge and heavy.
- That's an expensive unit than a hand mixer.
- Cleaning can be tough and time-consuming.
- Consumes a lot of energy.
- It may increase the electricity bill.
Now the question again comes which unit is better between the two?
There's no specific answer to this question. Both the groups perform useful kitchen tasks of mixing. They are efficient and consistent. For small baking jobs, it is wise to choose a hand mixer. On the other hand, if you do a lot of baking then stand mixer will be the best unit. You can use a stand mixer for at least 10 -12 years. The user decides to buy the unit according to their budget, need, and requirement. Some user buys both because they like to have a quality mix in their recipe.