Steamed broccoli is a very healthy dish. People like the authentic flavor of the vegetable. They reviewed the item as wonderful and nutritious food. The recipe of steam broccoli is super delicious. The steaming completed in three fast methods. Generally, steaming is done- in a pan, in a microwave or with a steamer. It depends on the consumer choose what they want and how to do the steaming efficiently. The consumer works according to their taste buds and lifestyle.
Taste and toppings
Sometimes broccoli becomes soft because of steaming. The bitter taste is good for health. We should try to consume a few sour foods. The broccoli's bitter flavor gets softens when steamed. So it will not be a problem for the people. Heating of the broccoli brings out the inner sweet and nutty flavor. Salt and pepper topped in a small amount. A pat of butter easily gets melded with its natural earthy flavor. A sprinkle of soy sauce or tamari will increase the taste and will make something simple and delicious. You can also put a drizzle of toasted sesame oil. Sesame oil highlights the nuttiness in many forms. People also love to top the steam broccoli using cheese sauce.
The logical way of steaming broccoli in a pan
Steam in a pot gives a nice perfect texture on the food. It is one of the famous and most comfortable sources of cooking the broccoli.
- Water is required to boil in a large frying pan. You have to put a ¼ inch of water for cooking in the pan
- Sea salt added. You take ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- At least handful of trimmed and cleaned broccoli florets or up to 2 pounds of broccoli florets
- Cover and steam for a particular time
- Steaming time is entirely depends on the consumer preference
- Steam for 3 minutes for crisp-tender
- Take up to 8 minutes for wholly cooked and soft florets.
Method of steaming broccoli in a steamer basket
People also prefer to follow classic recipes and techniques for cooking even steaming the foods. In old times, steaming is done using a steamer basket or insert.
- Put an inch of water for boiling inside the bottom part of the pot
- Place the water to cook in the pan that your steamer basket or insert fits effectively
- Trim and clean broccoli florets
- Steam and cover the broccoli in the steamer basket in boiling water till it is tender in taste. You can try it with a simple bite.
- 3 minutes wait for the crisp-tender texture
- Wait for 8 minutes to get the fully tender florets.
The logical method of steaming Broccoli in a microwave
The microwave is convenient for cooking any dish. It heats very quickly. Thus specific tips are to be followed to steam the broccoli precisely in the microwave.
- Put water and broccoli florets in a large microwave-safe bowl
- Small water pool gets formed in the bottom of the pan
- You add a tablespoon of water if you do not see any water in the bottom of the bowl or container
- The dish covered with a microwave-safe lid or plate. You must avoid using plastic wrap in microwaves
- For one minute cook in high power
- Test every 30 seconds if it correctly steamed to your desired taste
- A little bit of draining or drying may be required when the broccoli heated in the microwave
- Depending on the situation drain or dry
- You drain and dry depending on how much liquid used and power of the microwave
How to enjoy broccoli as topping with other foods and how to store it?
People like to eat broccoli only by steaming it. People use steamed broccoli as a topping. It works excellent with baked potato, makes a beautiful color addition to scrambled eggs or enjoyed cold in a vegetable platter. The flavor comes out brilliantly when the steam broccoli topped on the raw vegetable platter in a dip. You are also able to mash broccoli and add to your favorite mashed potato. It is a brilliant combination and a good pairing. Fresh and dry the crisp-tender broccoli before storing in the refrigerator. You keep the broccoli in a sealed container.
Steam Broccoli perfectly without a steamer
Steaming is one of the best ways of cooking. When the vegetable boiled, it retains the natural flavor during the process. You can still heat broccoli in your microwave or stovetop without a steamer machine. So people should find a healthy way to eat their favorite veggies by the steaming method.
- The servings made for four.
- Rinsed and trimmed broccoli stalks of 1lb or 450g
- Unsalted butter or 2 tbsp or 30 ml. It is optional
- Pinch of salt. It is optional
People cut the broccoli according to their desired size. A piece of the broccoli ranges from bite-size to twice as large as bite size. You have to make sure the stalks are smaller than the florets. The pieces sized smoothly.
- The florets cut in the same size. Again the stalks are also a piece in the same size. It balances the preparation.
- Woody bits are removed especially from the stems.
- The smaller pieces cooked faster than larger ones. Larger ones need a few minutes only to prepare.
- The maker fills a large stockpot with a few inches of water
- Only fill the stockpot
- The water measurement should be 1 to 2 inches or 2.5 to 5 centimeter
- Take a metal colander. You put the metal colander inside.
- Rest the metal colander on the rim of the stockpot
- Without touching the water, fit the basket portion inside the stockpot
- If you find that the basket gets to touch the water then, in that case, pour some of the water out.
The water needs to be heated until it gets boiled perfectly. If you find the water is splashing from the hole of the colander, then dump out the water.
The broccoli placed in the colander
- Cover the food
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. It will allow keeping the water at a simmer
- The lid is put on the stockpot and cook the broccoli
- Cook until the broccoli becomes tender
- Do not make it mushy while steaming
- After five minutes check the broccoli
- If the steaming not done, continue cooking
- Large pieces take 15 minutes or more to heat properly
- Trap the steam inside by securing a cover
People like to steam broccoli with many foods. It gets well with almost every food items. The consumer of the food seasons and serves following their desire and need. In most cases, it flavored with butter and salt.
You have to wash the broccoli appropriately. Sometimes insects or dust may found in the veggie. The broccoli cut in small pieces. The stalks are cut down into pieces. It should be shorter than the florets of the broccoli. You have to remove the hard and woody parts.
The broccoli placed in the microwave by adding water to it. It is a good idea to choose a bowl with a lid. Large ceramic bowl or small casserole dish matches well to steam the veggie. The water added in 2-3 tablespoons for one pound of broccoli. One pound of broccoli is about one head. The vegetable is not needed to be in a single layer & the steam will rise and can affect the top layers. The bottom layer is also gets modified.
The lid secured onto the bowl. You have to keep a little room for steam to pass out or escape. You can also cover the dish by using the microwave-safe plastic wrap if there is no lid. The microwave-safe plate can also be put over the top of the bowl if anyone wants to skip the plastic wrap.
In high temperature cook the broccoli until it becomes tender for three to four minutes. You make sure the texture is crisp, and its color takes to brilliant emerald green. You try to check the broccoli in every two minutes. The checking is essential because people forget to check. Sometimes the broccoli gets over steamed or cooked. So people must ensure proper verification of the veggie. If you found the item not done during checking, then recover it and continue microwave. You have to be careful that it does not become mushy.
Final verdict & way to serve
Steam broccoli following the procedure and help it clean. After the whole process completed, you have to remove the lid carefully. The bowl should open by avoiding the steam. Steam remains very hot, and it can cause burn to your hand. Season the dish according to your preference. People season with melted butter and salt.